Although a large amount of papers and articles has been written on the topic of the RMAN being a powerful tool, still there are DBAs who prefer using manual methods to back up and restore they databases.
With the release of Oracle 11g, I would say, RMAN once again proved its superiority over manual methods of recovery. And this article is devoted to this very topic, namely, the "magic commands" of RMAN: LIST FAILURE, ADVISE FAILURE & REPAIR FAILURE. Let’s get closer to the topic and show the real magic of these commands in action.
Install TOAD on Windows 8. Can't initialize OCI. Error -1. Can't find orannzsbb11.dll, oracore11.dll.
TOAD (Version 10.6.1.3) was installed on Win 8. In my case I have Oracle 10g Client and Oracle 11g Client installations on the same machine. One of my apllications need Oracle 10g Client because it use old library which works only with Oracle 10g so I have two Oracle Clients. I started TOAD and tried to connect to the database.
LogMiner Utility. View log & arch files contents. ORA-01371: Complete LogMiner dictionary not found.
One day one of our developer asked me to see values which were inserted into table yesterday. Because he erased all data in this table but now he remembers that there was very important data (some key encryption data). At first of course I say go and think how you can regenerate this data J, but it’s impossible at that moment. So let’s look LogMiner Utility.
Transportable Tablespaces feature give you ability to copy a set of tablespaces from one Oracle Database to another. Moving data using transportable tablespaces is much faster than performing either an export/import or unload/load of the same data. This is because the datafiles containing all of the actual data are just copied to the destination location, and you use Data Pump to transfer only the metadata of the tablespace objects to the new database.
Transportable Tablespaces is very usefully technology, use it when it’s suitable for you. It’s really the fastest data transport method.
Sorting an array in SQL. Abnormal SQL programming.
Once in the internet heard how to use SQL get up various algorithms such as the construction of crossword answers Sudak and recently even read the solution of Japanese puzzles in SQL. In those moments remembered that SQL - is a structured query language, mind you, but not a programming language.
The implementation of such kind of algorithms are called not like it as "abnormal programming". I remembered resource firststeps.ru where training of something go step by step - let's describe small firststeps.ru for programming in SQL.
- On STANDBY database ORA-19502: write error on file; ORA-27063: number of bytes read/written is incorrect; No space left on device.
- Rename Tablespace. Renaming (relocating) datafiles - ALTER TABLESPACE, ALTER DATABASE
- Calculating MD5 and SHA-1 checksum of file
- Active Session History (ASH)
- ORA-04091: table string.string is mutating, trigger/function may not see it
- Simple Basic Overview of AWR Reporting. STATISTICS_LEVEL.
- View granted roles, object privileges and system privileges to some user
- Detailed viewing packages, procedures in AWR report
- Change character set of our database. Set Unicode on DB. New Oracle DMU Wizard.
- Update Oracle Statistics without impact on the perfomance